Corporate and commercial law
As companies seek growth beyond their home markets, they must manage regulatory risks, bridge cultural differences and compete effectively.
What EY Law can do for you
EY’s corporate teams are part of a multinational network that provides legal advice in all major business areas, including employment and benefits, environmental, intellectual property, finance, and tax law. This helps us cover the range of issues that may arise in a single corporate transaction, so that you can operate with confidence across jurisdictions and make the most of today’s business opportunities.
EY Law in New Zealand provides corporate and commercial legal advice to New Zealand and international private companies, public corporations, financial institutions, private equity funds, investors and individuals. This includes advising domestic and offshore clients on a broad spectrum of matters, such as:
- Planning, negotiating and executing strategic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions (M&A), takeovers, joint ventures, and acquiror and vendor legal due diligence
- Capital raising transactions
- Corporate governance and board advisory
- Private Equity and Venture Capital transactions
- Structuring, negotiating and documenting joint ventures, partnerships and other complex commercial arrangements
- Investment in New Zealand by overseas persons / entities, including establishment of NZ entities / businesses, regulatory compliance and Overseas Investment applications
- International expansion – corporate structuring and formation, including implementation of cross-border transfer pricing, IP strategy and tax structures
- Legal entity rationalisations and corporate reorganisations
- Infrastructure and capital projects
- General commercial contracting
- Information technology, privacy, digital and e-commerce
- Intellectual property, including structuring and inter-company licensing arrangements
- Outsourcing and co-sourcing
- Restructuring, reorganisation, liquidation and related transactions
- All areas of corporate compliance, including company secretarial matters
- Legal transformation and project management
EY Law counsels businesses in connection with their ongoing contractual relationships with domestic and international customers, suppliers, and distributors. EY lawyers provide advice on all forms of commercial contracts to support day-to-day and strategic business activities. EY’s experience extends across sectors and regulatory regimes, including:
- Contracts covering outsourcing conducted through detailed procurement processes
- Services distribution
- Software licensing
- Product marketing
- Maintenance and support
- White labeling
- Online terms and conditions
EY Law provides advice on disputes, lawsuits and claims among company shareholders or company shareholders and the company. These issues can include claims and legal actions regarding resolutions of the board of directors or the general shareholders’ meeting, court-ordered dissolution and the liability of company directors.
EY Law advises on many aspects of corporate governance, including director and officer liability. EY practitioners offer advice to listed companies, institutional investors, private equity investors, underwriters, board committees, directors and others.
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.