Asset protection, legacy planning and wealth preservation are key priorities for clients to manage. For business owners, separating business risk from personal wealth remains an imperative. For families, wealth distribution and ensuring smooth transition to the next generation are key concerns.
With a focus on key objectives for clients, our Private Client Law team advises on structures and strategies to meet their objectives. Being part of the global EY network enables us to deliver a cohesive and comprehensive suite of practice solutions to support our clients.
Attuned to industry trends and developments our practitioners possess the credentials, experience, and expertise to provide practical advice and deliver results.
We draft bespoke wills, set up trusts and provide legal support for family offices. Additionally, we advise on family governance, generational transition, and emigration. We understand the importance of laying solid foundations for lasting legacies and meeting client objectives.
What EY Law can do for you
We help high net wealth individuals, settlors and trustees of private, commercial and Māori land trusts, privately owned businesses, charities and not-for-profit entities on a wide range of legal issues.
We provide an integrated, multi-disciplinary approach by working in close collaboration with our whole firm.
EY Law services include:
- Designing and supporting implementation of asset protection structures, tax efficient structures and estate planning for individuals and their families
- Reviewing existing personal and business structures and assisting with legacy planning, wealth and control transfer, establishment and winding up of tax efficient structures such as trusts and self-managed superannuation funds
- Interpreting and modernising trust deeds and associated documents
- Advising trustees on their powers, duties, obligations and providing trustee training
- Advising on private issues arising in any context (family, commercial, transactional)
EY Law services include:
- Helping establish, merge and wind up charities and not-for-profit entities
- Advising charities and not-for-profit entities on governance, constitutional and operational matters
- Advising Māori and Australian Indigenous entities
- Providing general charity law advice
EY Law services for privately owned businesses include:
- Helping with business succession planning
- Advising on corporate structuring, restructuring, acquisitions and divestments, and other shareholder arrangements
- Advising on corporate governance matters
- Assisting with contract negotiation and general commercial law issues
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.