EY Law LLP
Corporate and commercial
We advise clients on a wide range of corporate and commercial law issues across a variety of industries. Our team can support you around corporate re-organisations, mergers, private equity capital raising, joint ventures, inter-company agreements, commercial contracts, policies and procedures, and compliance with New Zealand law.
We also negotiate and help implement mergers and acquisitions transactions (buy side and sell side), undertake legal due diligence, and draft and negotiate transitional services arrangements.
Connected across New Zealand and around the world. We work closely with other EY service lines to provide integrated, multi-disciplinary services to our clients. When your business needs go beyond borders, we can help you get there. We connect you with the network of more than 2,000 EY legal professionals in more than 80 countries to provide a wide range of multi-disciplinary legal services.
EY Law services:
We can help businesses throughout the corporate lifecycle.
Business structuring and reorganisation
- We assist in establishing a range of corporate structures as businesses evolve and change, including:
- Legal structures, including companies and limited partnerships
- Joint ventures and shareholders’ arrangements
- Corporate reorganisations, including legal entity rationalisation
- Non-public equity capital raising
- We advise businesses on their contractual relationships with domestic and international customers, suppliers and distributors, including:
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts (third party, intragroup and transfer pricing compliant)
- Advising on the protection and commercialisation of intellectual property
- Advising on the outsourcing of IT, business processes and shared services
M & A / transaction services
- We advise and support to buyers and sellers on domestic and cross-border transactions. This includes:
- Drafting and negotiating transaction documents
- Advice on, and helping with, obtaining clearance for overseas investment in New Zealand
- Legal due diligence (buy side and sell side)
- Transitional services arrangements
General corporate and commercial advisory
We assist clients on a range of corporate and commercial matters, including compliance with NZ legal obligations and corporate governance.