Senior Associate, NZ Private Client Law Leader
Silvia is the New Zealand Private Client Law Leader.
Silvia is seasoned in estate planning, asset protection, the law of trusts and charity law. Her clients are mostly private individuals with varied and often complex estate planning and business succession needs. She also advises corporates seeking to use trusts as part of their transactions or as structures to hold assets to reward employees, settlors and trustees of various types of trusts and charities.
Silvia has worked at a top tier global law firm in London where she provided a range of trusts, tax and charity law advice to high and ultra-high net wealth individuals, trustees of private and commercial trusts, banks and charities. She also assisted with commercial, corporate and financial transactions where trusts were an integral part of structuring proposals.
Qualifications and admissions
- Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Solicitor of the Higher Courts of England and Wales
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, BPP Professional Education, UK
- LLB Honours, University of Hertfordshire, UK
- Member, New Zealand Law Society
- Member, Law Society of England and Wales
- Member, CAANZ Trusts Special Interest Group
- Vulnerable trusts – (EY Tax Watch, 4 June 2016): http://www.ey.com/nz/en/services/tax/ey-tax-watch-edition-4-june-2016-vulnerable-trusts
- Trusts reform aims to make law more accessible – (EY Tax Watch, February 2017): http://www.ey.com/nz/en/services/tax/ey-tax-watch-february-2017-trusts-reform-aims-to-make-law-more-accessible
- Changes to “associated persons” rules for trusts - (EY Tax Watch, 4 June 2017): http://www.ey.com/nz/en/services/tax/ey-tax-watch-june-2017-changes-to-associated-persons-rules-for-trusts